Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An African starling with dark glossy plumage that has metallic blue, green, and purple reflections.
- ‘I've seen the return of grey loeries and glossy starlings, which are found in the Lowveld, to Johannesburg.’
- ‘Other birds that are part of the same family include: starlings, glossy starlings, mynah birds, and tick birds.’
- ‘All other glossy starlings in the region have long tapered tails.’
- ‘Two Greater blue-eared glossy starlings were in a tree along the road as were two Pygmy sunbirds.’
- ‘The installation is made up of a large aviary housing two long-tailed glossy starlings.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.