One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An African starling with dark glossy plumage that has metallic blue, green, and purple reflections.
Genus Lamprotornis, family Sturnidae: several species
- ‘Other birds that are part of the same family include: starlings, glossy starlings, mynah birds, and tick birds.’
- ‘All other glossy starlings in the region have long tapered tails.’
- ‘Two Greater blue-eared glossy starlings were in a tree along the road as were two Pygmy sunbirds.’
- ‘The installation is made up of a large aviary housing two long-tailed glossy starlings.’
- ‘I've seen the return of grey loeries and glossy starlings, which are found in the Lowveld, to Johannesburg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.