One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Your troubles momentarily melt away as you become enveloped in the latest saga gripping some glossily imperfect American family.’
- ‘The new series remains glossily gothic, fast-paced and edgy.’
- ‘As an artwork it's negligible, glossily produced but awkwardly composed and, to my eye, rather silly.’
- ‘It rules the ratings in the TV entertainment business, and has successfully set the agenda for what the cable-connected viewer must consume: glossily mounted shows that hook viewers.’
- ‘Eight glossily painted, two-dimensional wooden horses hinged to one another stretched across the room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.