One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So it had been also with Zenophon and other glossarists of Homer, and with various students of the Chinese classics by the early 3rd century.’
- ‘Similar explanations are given by other glossarists, and thus the evidence of etymological scholarship as well as that of folk-lore support the Psychological Theory.’
- ‘All of these are ‘magazines of falsehoods,’ if accepted in the exoteric dead-letter interpretations of their ancient, and especially their modern, theological glossarists.’
- ‘During this period, Roman Law was used in Holland although it had been subject to changes contributed not only by glossarists and commentators but also by Dutch jurisconsultants.’
- ‘However it is difficult to see exactly what ‘contracted to thine own bright eyes’ means, although the glossarists cite the example of Narcissus from classical literature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.