One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A phobia of these gloopy, slimy garden creatures is not uncommon among the green-fingered population, and a fear of slime even has a name - blennophobia.’
- ‘It was more like a thick, gloopy, sticky, overly sweet maple syrup to which chopped dill had been added.’
- ‘He is the son of a Hong Kong masterchef, taking a traditional approach to Chinese cookery, with an emphasis on fresh, zingy ingredients rather than thick, gloopy sauces.’
- ‘It produces a deliciously gloopy juice when cooked.’
- ‘The spinach still had some vibrancy, the sauce didn't overpower, the egg had just the desired amount of gloopy yolk, the muffin wasn't soggy at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.