One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large compact spherical star cluster, typically of old stars in the outer regions of a galaxy.
- ‘Be warned that first-timers can find it difficult to appreciate galaxies, globular clusters, and planetary nebulae.’
- ‘The new findings promise a better understanding of how galaxies and globular clusters first formed billions of years ago.’
- ‘In the 1900s American astronomer Harlow Shapley studied the distribution of globular clusters in our galaxy.’
- ‘He also discovered the retrograde rotation of the system of globular clusters around the galaxy.’
- ‘The oldest stars, which lie inside globular clusters that orbit our galaxy, are estimated to be at least 12 billion years old.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.