One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Justin took this opportunity to steal Tiffany's letter from Bryan, tossed a few well-chosen profanities at his ex-best friend gloatingly, and then moved to sit on Shannon's bed to read it.’
- ‘It gloatingly screams that the two leaders have ‘acknowledged receipt of the amount with thanks’.’
- ‘It turns out that if we confine ourselves to what the pundits gloatingly call ‘political reality’, the list isn't too spectacular.’
- ‘She cedes custody of her boy to her first partner and gives up arguing with the gloatingly triumphant son, as he ferociously denounces her shortcomings as a mother.’
- ‘But he held the pen over his head gloatingly, danced around my room in circles, and said that he couldn't give it back to me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.