Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A transformation consisting of a translation combined with a reflection about a plane parallel to the direction of the translation.
- ‘Since translations and reflections are both isometries, a glide reflection is also an isometry.’
- ‘The axes of the glide reflections aren't shown, but they are midway between parallel reflection axes.’
- ‘There is an axis of a glide reflection without parallel axis of a reflection to it.’
- ‘Because of this, we say the tiling is symmetric with respect to reflections and glide reflections.’
- ‘Thus, the four symmetry operations are reduced to two operations - rotation and glide reflection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.