One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transformation consisting of a translation combined with a reflection about a plane parallel to the direction of the translation.
- ‘Because of this, we say the tiling is symmetric with respect to reflections and glide reflections.’
- ‘Since translations and reflections are both isometries, a glide reflection is also an isometry.’
- ‘There is an axis of a glide reflection without parallel axis of a reflection to it.’
- ‘The axes of the glide reflections aren't shown, but they are midway between parallel reflection axes.’
- ‘Thus, the four symmetry operations are reduced to two operations - rotation and glide reflection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.