One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘People who talk glibly about ‘intelligence failure’ act as if intelligence agencies that are doing their job right would know everything.’
- ‘The story is so broad in scope, yet so glibly simplified, each element is glanced over lightly.’
- ‘But it can also lead to impulsive behavior (ready, shoot, aim) and confident leaders who glibly take their followers over a cliff.’
- ‘But I must reiterate that I am not here speaking about what we glibly call ‘class.’’
- ‘There are simply too many unanswered questions that can't be swept under the carpet, and it's not enough to glibly claim the legal system has already ruled on these claims.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.