One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an exuberantly or triumphantly joyful manner.‘audiences laughed gleefully’‘politicians gleefully point the finger at each other’
- ‘In the first two Flash Gordon serials, he had some great scenes and gleefully evil lines.’
- ‘This may be the most gleefully unrealistic action film in the past decade.’
- ‘She trips around the local store, gleefully filling her shopping basket, staring the shop assistant in the eye.’
- ‘Two-year-old Pierre was playing gleefully with Jacques' two daughters.’
- ‘He gets in his car and drives around the country at the taxpayers' expense, and he gleefully enjoys it.’
- ‘She is a riveting Anne Boleyn in prison and a very funny 15-year-old Jane Austen as she pens her own gleefully biased English history.’
- ‘The scout may devour gleefully a soggy pancake, but an hour later he will be much less enthusiastic.’
- ‘Everyone else gads about the forest, where fairies gleefully meddle with the well-being of mortals.’
- ‘It is wonderful to think that a writer so gleefully influenced by American pulp magazines should indeed be recognized as a giant of letters.’
- ‘My uncle gleefully told me about all the different diseases that each different biting thing carried.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.