One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an exuberantly or triumphantly joyful manner.‘audiences laughed gleefully’‘politicians gleefully point the finger at each other’
- ‘Everyone else gads about the forest, where fairies gleefully meddle with the well-being of mortals.’
- ‘Two-year-old Pierre was playing gleefully with Jacques' two daughters.’
- ‘It is wonderful to think that a writer so gleefully influenced by American pulp magazines should indeed be recognized as a giant of letters.’
- ‘She is a riveting Anne Boleyn in prison and a very funny 15-year-old Jane Austen as she pens her own gleefully biased English history.’
- ‘This may be the most gleefully unrealistic action film in the past decade.’
- ‘In the first two Flash Gordon serials, he had some great scenes and gleefully evil lines.’
- ‘She trips around the local store, gleefully filling her shopping basket, staring the shop assistant in the eye.’
- ‘My uncle gleefully told me about all the different diseases that each different biting thing carried.’
- ‘The scout may devour gleefully a soggy pancake, but an hour later he will be much less enthusiastic.’
- ‘He gets in his car and drives around the country at the taxpayers' expense, and he gleefully enjoys it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.