One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A society for singing part-songs.
- ‘He formed a glee club with local farm boys and held concerts in towns and hamlets across the county, collecting donations at each performance.’
- ‘She joined almost everything the school had offered: cheerleading, school paper, yearbook staff, dance troupe, glee club, and drama club.’
- ‘A majority of the 42nd's officers spent some time policing strikes; others combated vice, studied police methods, or even sang in the department glee club.’
- ‘Most readers will have fond memories of the student organizations they joined in their college years: a political union, perhaps, or a glee club or dramatic society.’
- ‘In the center of town was a stage and amphitheater which last night held the town's large orchestra and a glee club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.