One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Only by listening to the gleaners, those picking at the forgotten edges of the field, will we understand the real beauty of the landscape we are creating.’
- ‘A wise man should learn good behaviour, good words and good acts from every side, as a gleaner collects grains of corn from the field abandoned by the reapers.’
- ‘What kinds of virtues are required to succeed as gleaner?’
- ‘The large ears of this species may be an adaptation to foraging on moths or to foraging as gleaners.’
- ‘Like the planter's grain or publisher's newspaper clippings, the overabundance of our media archives can now be clipped and gathered by a new generation of gleaners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.