One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A wise man should learn good behaviour, good words and good acts from every side, as a gleaner collects grains of corn from the field abandoned by the reapers.’
- ‘The large ears of this species may be an adaptation to foraging on moths or to foraging as gleaners.’
- ‘What kinds of virtues are required to succeed as gleaner?’
- ‘Like the planter's grain or publisher's newspaper clippings, the overabundance of our media archives can now be clipped and gathered by a new generation of gleaners.’
- ‘Only by listening to the gleaners, those picking at the forgotten edges of the field, will we understand the real beauty of the landscape we are creating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.