One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As smooth as silk they glided over their set, gleamingly polished, if slightly bland, and as always, chilled to a shiver.’
- ‘The beautiful blonde haired young woman looked so boyish it was easy to understand the girls interest, especially with her fine cloak and gleamingly clean clothes.’
- ‘They were - all at once - caring, compassionate, interested in single mothers and the homeless and gleamingly modern.’
- ‘There are immaculately turned out sheep, goats with coats that might have been tailored in Savile Row, ponies groomed gleamingly to perfection.’
- ‘Winter had made it gleamingly white, most of the snow trampled down by multiple boots as children ran havoc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.