One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar or rigid supporting strip between adjacent panes of glass.
- ‘So ductile iron was used for castings, mild steel was used for strengthening the main arches, and stainless steel replaced the 10 miles of glazing bars.’
- ‘In the domes every glazing bar has been numbered, carefully dismantled, repaired and reassembled.’
- ‘On the outside we've removed the glazing bars to introduce a flat panel of glass.’
- ‘Sand every gloss surface thoroughly to provide a key for the next coat, including the glazing bars of windows.’
- ‘Even window glazing bars, elements that do so much to give the detailed scale of Palladian and Neo-Classical architecture, were usually omitted from elevation drawings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.