One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Paper covered with powdered glass, used for smoothing and polishing.‘each coat must be rubbed down with very fine glasspaper’
- ‘Once the board is constructed, the upper surface and edges need to be made very smooth and safe by rubbing with sandpaper and then glasspaper.’
- ‘Remember to rub down with fine glasspaper between coats.’
- ‘Clean the cut rebate with the wood chisel and glasspaper, making sure to keep to the depth indicated by the scored lines.’
- ‘To replace worn glasspaper, press the clip at the back of the sander and pull out the glasspaper.’
- ‘Roughen the surface of the inner tube over and around the puncture, using the glasspaper.’
- ‘The whole float is then given two coats of cellulose sealer and smoothed over with flour grade glasspaper.’
- ‘The newly cut top surface was sanded flat, and blended in to the nut area with a file and glasspaper.’
- ‘This course will include painting on glasspaper which will be available in the studio on the day.’
- ‘Take the glasspaper and roll it around the screwdriver coarse side in.’
- ‘If the saw blade has any rust on it, use some steel wool, a wire brush, or fine glasspaper to get as much of the rust off as you can.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.