One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Paper covered with powdered glass, used for smoothing and polishing.‘each coat must be rubbed down with very fine glasspaper’
- ‘Take the glasspaper and roll it around the screwdriver coarse side in.’
- ‘This course will include painting on glasspaper which will be available in the studio on the day.’
- ‘Once the board is constructed, the upper surface and edges need to be made very smooth and safe by rubbing with sandpaper and then glasspaper.’
- ‘If the saw blade has any rust on it, use some steel wool, a wire brush, or fine glasspaper to get as much of the rust off as you can.’
- ‘Clean the cut rebate with the wood chisel and glasspaper, making sure to keep to the depth indicated by the scored lines.’
- ‘Roughen the surface of the inner tube over and around the puncture, using the glasspaper.’
- ‘The whole float is then given two coats of cellulose sealer and smoothed over with flour grade glasspaper.’
- ‘The newly cut top surface was sanded flat, and blended in to the nut area with a file and glasspaper.’
- ‘To replace worn glasspaper, press the clip at the back of the sander and pull out the glasspaper.’
- ‘Remember to rub down with fine glasspaper between coats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.