One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The manufacture of glass.
- ‘He encouraged new industries, particularly glass-making, and introduced financial reforms.’
- ‘Old industries, like pottery, glass-making, and textiles, have employed new machinery and processes.’
- ‘In the 19th century, glass-making became industrialised and many items were mass produced e.g., beakers, bowls, door handles.’
- ‘Before the development of glass-making enabled the production of glasses (the most common modern wine drinking vessels), a wide variety of drinking vessels were used for wine.’
- ‘Irish and international artists, historians, collectors, architects and enthusiasts - all with an interest in the art of glass-making - will visit Waterford this week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.