One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The former dictator, a palace-dwelling billionaire, was the picture of bedraggled abjectness: mouth forced open, eyes staring glassily.’
- ‘His face was white, drained, and his eyes stared glassily.’
- ‘Tonight there was a thin sheet of ice stretching glassily across it, and the wind was silent.’
- ‘Between the storms, however, the waters can be glassily calm and very clear.’
- ‘It's not even as if the band is deafening, but everyone's just staring glassily into the middle distance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.