One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small fish with an almost transparent body.
- ‘The reef earns its good reputation with large gorgonian fan corals up to 3m across and cornetfish, groupers and glassfish in abundance.’
- ‘They cruise lazily but can burst into action when hunting their normal prey glassfish and sweepers.’
- ‘Two huge grouper had made the forecastle home, and inside were glassfish and their worst nightmare - lionfish.’
- ‘Groups of blue-finned trevally terrorised the glassfish and fusiliers as they hunted for their meal.’
- ‘Clouds of glassfish and upside-down fish inhabit shaded corners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.