Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small fish with an almost transparent body, in particular.
- ‘Groups of blue-finned trevally terrorised the glassfish and fusiliers as they hunted for their meal.’
- ‘They cruise lazily but can burst into action when hunting their normal prey glassfish and sweepers.’
- ‘Two huge grouper had made the forecastle home, and inside were glassfish and their worst nightmare - lionfish.’
- ‘Clouds of glassfish and upside-down fish inhabit shaded corners.’
- ‘The reef earns its good reputation with large gorgonian fan corals up to 3m across and cornetfish, groupers and glassfish in abundance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.