One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting a gland or glands.
- ‘The diagnosis is made when elements of squamous or glandular differentiation cannot be proven.’
- ‘This includes those of the parasympathetic nervous system in the heart, glandular tissue, and smooth muscle.’
- ‘The true origin of the glandular neoplasms of the external ear canal is controversial.’
- ‘Barrett's mucosa was reported if glandular mucosa was present in a biopsy sample from the oesophagus.’
- ‘The glandular epithelium secretes a mucoid fluid rich in glycogen.’
- ‘In light of the cyst recurrence and the glandular tumor in the spleen, a distal pancreatectomy was performed.’
- ‘Histologically, the tumor showed glandular and solid architecture.’
- ‘Further studies are needed to more clearly define the association between oral contraceptives and glandular lesions.’
- ‘Normal and hyperplastic glandular epithelium present in the biopsies was counted as an internal control.’
- ‘In hypertrophie gastritis, there is usually considerable chronic inflammation and glandular atrophy.’
- ‘The prostate specimen showed glandular and stromal hyperplasia.’
- ‘Tonsils are glandular tissue located on both sides of the throat.’
- ‘The prostate is a glandular, fibromuscular organ that lies at the base of the bladder and surrounds the urethra.’
- ‘HIV may manifest as a glandular fever-like illness with seroconversion.’
- ‘Microscopically, the tumor is characterized by glandular or ductal structures with variable organization.’
- ‘Both squamous and glandular cancers can arise in the cervix.’
- ‘The glandular epithelium resembles that seen in apocrine sweat glands.’
- ‘Areas of glandular and squamous differentiation can be present.’
- ‘All 8 previously reported cases and the present case showed a variable degree of glandular atrophy.’
- ‘Typical cuboidal prostatic glandular epithelium lined most of the glands.’
Mid 18th century: from French glandulaire, from glandule ‘gland’, from Latin glandulae (see gland).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.