One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fashionable, attractive young man.‘he was never the glamour boy of the side’
- ‘Catchers are thought of as smart and tough, but they are hardly ever the glamour boys.’
- ‘The strikers were the glamour boys, so everyone wanted to be the person who got the goals.’
- ‘He is one of U.S. Soccer's glamour boys and is no whiner.’
- ‘His film parts ranged from rugged glamour boys to gangsters to even a cowboy.’
- ‘He's been the glamour boy of government, the surfing Treasurer with the boyish good looks and polished parliamentary performance.’
- ‘The glamour boy of boxing, Oscar DeLaHoya, will fight only once this year.’
- ‘Every season, Spurs have had two separate camps, the grafters and the glamour boys.’
- ‘Yesterday's hot young glamour boys of the podium are rapidly becoming the music world's senior citizens.’
- ‘News that the NRL glamour boy is now officially taken will leave his legion of female admirers heartbroken.’
- ‘The Dodgers are the glamour boys, the moneyed men.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.