One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fashionable, attractive young man.‘he was never the glamour boy of the side’
- ‘News that the NRL glamour boy is now officially taken will leave his legion of female admirers heartbroken.’
- ‘Every season, Spurs have had two separate camps, the grafters and the glamour boys.’
- ‘The Dodgers are the glamour boys, the moneyed men.’
- ‘The glamour boy of boxing, Oscar DeLaHoya, will fight only once this year.’
- ‘He is one of U.S. Soccer's glamour boys and is no whiner.’
- ‘Catchers are thought of as smart and tough, but they are hardly ever the glamour boys.’
- ‘Yesterday's hot young glamour boys of the podium are rapidly becoming the music world's senior citizens.’
- ‘He's been the glamour boy of government, the surfing Treasurer with the boyish good looks and polished parliamentary performance.’
- ‘His film parts ranged from rugged glamour boys to gangsters to even a cowboy.’
- ‘The strikers were the glamour boys, so everyone wanted to be the person who got the goals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.