One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And I think very much on his part there's just a sense that the whole thing - gladness that the whole thing is over.’
- ‘It has been filled with gladness and sadness at the same time after learning that some of my old friends have passed away.’
- ‘Yellow roses, which today signify joy and gladness, traditionally meant a decrease in love, but can mean ‘I love you, but I fear you don't love me.’’
- ‘May the Gods fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.’
- ‘Casey wasn't sure if it was amusement of gladness to see her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.