One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘May the Gods fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.’
- ‘Casey wasn't sure if it was amusement of gladness to see her.’
- ‘Yellow roses, which today signify joy and gladness, traditionally meant a decrease in love, but can mean ‘I love you, but I fear you don't love me.’’
- ‘And I think very much on his part there's just a sense that the whole thing - gladness that the whole thing is over.’
- ‘It has been filled with gladness and sadness at the same time after learning that some of my old friends have passed away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.