One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
rebuff, spurn, repudiate, cut off, cast off, cast aside, discard, jettison, abandon, desert, turn one's back on, have nothing to do with, have nothing more to do with, wash one's hands of, cast out, shut out, exclude, shun, cold-shoulder, give someone the cold shoulderView synonyms
- ‘Do you have any tips or tricks on how to give her the big E?’
- ‘Is it now the time for the team to be given the BIG E?’
- ‘Your shocked reaction may have served to confirm her anxiety that she's more likely to be given the big E once a guy finds out she's a mother.’
- ‘The end result is that people like me - people who are reliable, people he can trust - get given the big E.’
- ‘That said, its inadvisable to give him the big E just because he used his fish knife to butter his bread.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.