One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Criticize or make trouble for someone.‘he gave me grief about typos’
- ‘The project manager gave me grief over the fact that my designs were "too detailed".’
- ‘No one can give them grief for selling out because they haven't changed an item of their manifesto in seven years.’
- ‘He wants some fun money to splurge with his kid at a ball game or buy a scooter without his wife giving him grief over spending too much.’
- ‘This Mum has just told her daughter that she can rely on her for support regardless of what happens in the future and the father is giving her grief over it!’
- ‘The EU has given his department grief for not implementing measures, particularly in relation to water quality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.