One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Attack someone savagely.‘Snowy got Maxie in a corner and began to give him Bondi’
- ‘When larrikins, approach the police now in a belligerent attitude it is their custom to threaten to give them "Bondi".’
- ‘Many a push battle was called in the dark, to the cry of 'Give 'em Bondi!', a memorial echo of defiance.’
- ‘He anticipates that his former constituents will give him Bondi.’
- ‘I quote this instance of the unpopularity of the "force," not as on the level of "Give 'em Bondi," but as manifesting at the time a genuine and general popular revulsion to the irritating innovation!’
- ‘She went round the room breaking up furniture, and encouraged the brutal bullies to "give him Bondi."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.