One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Attack someone savagely.‘Snowy got Maxie in a corner and began to give him Bondi’
- ‘When larrikins, approach the police now in a belligerent attitude it is their custom to threaten to give them "Bondi".’
- ‘I quote this instance of the unpopularity of the "force," not as on the level of "Give 'em Bondi," but as manifesting at the time a genuine and general popular revulsion to the irritating innovation!’
- ‘Many a push battle was called in the dark, to the cry of 'Give 'em Bondi!', a memorial echo of defiance.’
- ‘She went round the room breaking up furniture, and encouraged the brutal bullies to "give him Bondi."’
- ‘He anticipates that his former constituents will give him Bondi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.