One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually in imperative Applaud a performer or entertainer.
applaud, clap one's hands, give someone a round of applause, put one's hands togetherView synonyms
- ‘we had our best show ever, and the crowd really gave it up.’
- ‘He then told the responsive crowd to give it up for each of the other acts, which they happily did.’
- ‘Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for Kimberly.’
- ‘Let's give it up for the new couple!’
- ‘They took the field with such poise, and the crowd gave it up to them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.