usually in imperative Applaud a performer or entertainer.
applaud, clap one's hands, give someone a round of applause, put one's hands togetherView synonyms
- ‘Let's give it up for the new couple!’
- ‘He then told the responsive crowd to give it up for each of the other acts, which they happily did.’
- ‘Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for Kimberly.’
- ‘we had our best show ever, and the crowd really gave it up.’
- ‘They took the field with such poise, and the crowd gave it up to them.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.