One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the US) a biscuit of any of the various kinds sold by the Girl Scouts as a means of fundraising.‘outside was a small girl in a green vest selling Girl Scout cookies’
- ‘But where you buy Girl Scout cookies determines which ones you get.’
- ‘The giveaway celebrates national Girl Scout cookie weekend and the 40th anniversary of the Samoa cookie.’
- ‘Frozen Girl Scout cookies are delicious on their own.’
- ‘The annual girl scout cookie sale is not just a way of raising money for the troop but also a way girls can learn about finances and money management.’
- ‘Millions of boxes of Girl Scout cookies are expected to arrive to the City of Angels this weekend.’
- ‘Plus, come on, no one in the world exists who could possibly boycott girl scout cookies for even a microsecond.’
- ‘Girl Scout cookies have always been popular, but the treats have made national headlines in the past months.’
- ‘Hopefully my kids will maybe let me have some of their Girl Scout cookies.’
- ‘There's a new dessert called the American Samoa Cheesecake that is inspired by everybody's favorite Girl Scout cookie!’
- ‘Not only can (certain) markets order cookies online, but we're getting two new Girl Scout cookie flavors!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.