One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of the Girl Scouts of America or a similar organization of girls that promotes outdoor activities, good citizenship, and service to others.
- ‘When I was in elementary school in Colorado, I was a Brownie and then a Girl Scout until the age of 12 when we moved to Kansas.’
- ‘I was a sash-wearing Girl Scout for years, but despite my love of its campfire camaraderie, there was something about the Boy Scouts that always seemed cooler.’
- ‘I was once a Girl Scout, and I had learned to walk, trot, and provide basic care for a horse.’
- ‘One Girl Scout got sick and was sent to the medical camp.’
- ‘I was a cheerleader and a Girl Scout and everything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.