One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An African lizard with rough or spiny scales which give a banded appearance to the body and tail.Also called zonure
- ‘When he retired a few years ago, park officials hurriedly called him back because other scouts were unable to coax out the common flat lizards, geckos, agamas, skinks and plated or girdled lizards.’
- ‘This girdled lizard lives in cracked boulders in montane grassland or well-wooded lower slopes.’
- ‘Like the Cordylids they are often found around rocks, but are definitely less sociable than the girdle-tailed lizards.’
- ‘Some chameleons, for example, have three prominent horns while girdle-tailed lizards have overlapping scaled armor.’
- ‘All of the girdle-tailed lizards have very thick scales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.