Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the gums.
- ‘Other oral conditions including dental abscesses, caries, gingivitis and oral ulceration (herpetic or bacterial) may occur.’
- ‘Gum bleeding is usually caused by gingivitis which is inflammation of the gum margin around the necks of the teeth.’
- ‘This early stage of the disease is called gingivitis.’
- ‘Acute ulcerative gingivitis (Vincent's disease) results from severe infection of the gums and is extremely painful.’
- ‘A common periodontal disease is gingivitis - inflammation of the gums characterized by redness, swelling, and sometimes bleeding.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.