Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the gums.
- ‘Acute ulcerative gingivitis (Vincent's disease) results from severe infection of the gums and is extremely painful.’
- ‘Other oral conditions including dental abscesses, caries, gingivitis and oral ulceration (herpetic or bacterial) may occur.’
- ‘This early stage of the disease is called gingivitis.’
- ‘A common periodontal disease is gingivitis - inflammation of the gums characterized by redness, swelling, and sometimes bleeding.’
- ‘Gum bleeding is usually caused by gingivitis which is inflammation of the gum margin around the necks of the teeth.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.