One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The list of sweets is equally sinful and simple, from peaches and cream pancakes to a gingery sticky toffee pudding.’
- ‘It may be that he's even living rough somewhere, but in that case he would be quite distinctive, because he gets this bright gingery beard when he doesn't shave.’
- ‘They tasted fairly good, but not as gingery as I had anticipated.’
- ‘He was stockily built, about 11 years old, wearing a distinctive bright red tracksuit-like garment and had unusually thick, bushy, fair to gingery hair.’
- ‘Janet chuckled and tousled his unkempt gingery hair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.