One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat ginger biscuit shaped like a person.
- ‘Children were rewarded for their efforts at the end of the day when they were each given a chocolate coin and a gingerbread man.’
- ‘My boss is touched when I present her with a gingerbread man the following morning.’
- ‘Jack scratched his side as he stuffed a gingerbread man down his throat.’
- ‘A batch of gingerbread men probably wouldn't last until Christmas Day but they would look great for as long as you could keep little hands off them!’
- ‘They're half-sized gingerbread men, due to the lack of reasonably-sized biscuit cutters available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.