One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alcoholic drink made from fermented sugar, water, and bruised ginger.
- ‘Matron allowed me to come too, for a while, to watch, pirouette around and drink a thimbleful of ginger wine.’
- ‘And then ginger wine, which has been the best tasting yet, though the alcohol content seems a little low.’
- ‘We had one nip each of ginger wine with the meal.’
- ‘Music, dance and lashings of ginger wine will be put to good use in Kendal next week as local charity workers flag up World Aids Day.’
- ‘The cold prompted many players to take a nip of whiskey or green ginger wine at three-quarter time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.