One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alcoholic drink made from fermented sugar, water, and bruised ginger.
- ‘The cold prompted many players to take a nip of whiskey or green ginger wine at three-quarter time.’
- ‘Matron allowed me to come too, for a while, to watch, pirouette around and drink a thimbleful of ginger wine.’
- ‘We had one nip each of ginger wine with the meal.’
- ‘And then ginger wine, which has been the best tasting yet, though the alcohol content seems a little low.’
- ‘Music, dance and lashings of ginger wine will be put to good use in Kendal next week as local charity workers flag up World Aids Day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.