One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small ceramic jar with a high rim over which a lid fits.
- ‘These decorative trinket boxes, ginger jars, unique candy jars and dishes are handcrafted from marble, onyx or natural stone.’
- ‘This ginger jar was commissioned by a private client.’
- ‘Our porcelain ginger jars are steeped in centuries of Chinese culture and history.’
- ‘An empty ginger jar, or an empty pocket, is not such a serious matter if the money has been used in a sane and systematic manner.’
- ‘Our shiny red ginger jar with its speckled finish is sure to eloquently display any large gathering of flowers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.