One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A highly active faction within a party or movement that presses for stronger action on a particular issue.
clique, coterie, caucus, cabal, bloc, camp, group, grouping, side, sector, section, wing, arm, branch, division, contingent, set, ring, lobbyView synonyms
- ‘He wanted the organisations to be ‘vanguard movements’ - ginger groups stirring the pot of accepted notions and ways of doing things.’
- ‘After the Conservative defeat of 1880 he led a small ginger group known as the Fourth Party undermining the party leadership of Northcote.’
- ‘He warned: ‘We are still a ginger group and will act as one when necessary.’’
- ‘It is a pity that it could not set itself up as a ginger group within the Tory Party.’
- ‘They have somehow to stop briefing against one another, stop setting up new ginger groups designed to damage other Tories.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.