One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A highly active faction within a party or movement that presses for stronger action on a particular issue.
clique, coterie, caucus, cabal, bloc, camp, group, grouping, side, sector, section, wing, arm, branch, division, contingent, set, ring, lobbyView synonyms
- ‘After the Conservative defeat of 1880 he led a small ginger group known as the Fourth Party undermining the party leadership of Northcote.’
- ‘It is a pity that it could not set itself up as a ginger group within the Tory Party.’
- ‘He wanted the organisations to be ‘vanguard movements’ - ginger groups stirring the pot of accepted notions and ways of doing things.’
- ‘They have somehow to stop briefing against one another, stop setting up new ginger groups designed to damage other Tories.’
- ‘He warned: ‘We are still a ginger group and will act as one when necessary.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.