One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having hair of a light reddish-yellow or orange-brown colour.‘she was a small, ginger-haired girl’
- ‘Lula was ginger-haired with brown eyes and a relentless practicality, which always made me feel I could relax and let her take care of everything.’
- ‘There was very, very cute ginger-haired man at the bar.’
- ‘He was fairly tall, ginger-haired, and far from being thin.’
- ‘Gary was a tough ginger-haired midfielder signed from Nottingham Forest by Jack Charlton.’
- ‘Tim, afraid of being exposed as ginger-haired, shaved his chest in the bedroom.’
- ‘Besides, the ginger-haired singer has bigger concerns: like making sure he doesn't have to get a regular job anytime soon.’
- ‘He has argued that mocking ginger-haired players is akin to racism.’
- ‘He is young, ginger-haired and doesn't tell jokes.’
- ‘A local businessman spotted the lanky, ginger-haired youngster's potential and took him under his wing.’
- ‘An average blonde has about 140,000 hairs on their head, whereas ginger-haired people have a meagre 90,000.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.