Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Gimmicks collectively; the use of gimmicks.‘it does what it says it does, with no design gimmickry’
- ‘The issue has been used for political gimmickry.’
- ‘There is a refreshing absence of gimmickry about her.’
- ‘She's a singer who takes a lot of artistic risks while never succumbing to gimmickry and pandering.’
- ‘Both clearly had a vision for the film, and not just an excuse to show off computer graphic gimmickry.’
- ‘They will try to buy time with a vast array of market manipulations and financial gimmickry.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.