One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The firm employed approximately one hundred specialized workers including gilders, carpenters, upholsterers, repairmen, and glaziers.’
- ‘Many artists were also gilders, frame makers, or sign and coach painters.’
- ‘Such results were deliberately expensive and labor intensive, requiring the most inventive designers, skilled carvers, expert gilders, and experienced glassmakers.’
- ‘In addition to apprenticeship and journeyman requirements, the regulations stipulated that all gilded work had to be stamped by the gilder.’
- ‘As any gilder will tell you, their success depends entirely on the carver's work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.