One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In addition to apprenticeship and journeyman requirements, the regulations stipulated that all gilded work had to be stamped by the gilder.’
- ‘Such results were deliberately expensive and labor intensive, requiring the most inventive designers, skilled carvers, expert gilders, and experienced glassmakers.’
- ‘Many artists were also gilders, frame makers, or sign and coach painters.’
- ‘As any gilder will tell you, their success depends entirely on the carver's work.’
- ‘The firm employed approximately one hundred specialized workers including gilders, carpenters, upholsterers, repairmen, and glaziers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.