One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A luxurious but restrictive environment.‘this child of privilege is stretching the bars of his gilded cage’‘only a bird in a gilded cage’
- ‘The price you pay for this perfection is isolation: you are effectively a prisoner in a gilded cage.’
- ‘At first she did fight back, but I eventually succeeded in breaking her down into my submissive wife, a bird trapped in a gilded cage.’
- ‘For a moment, the gilded cage looked pretty enticing from the outside.’
- ‘So many people envied me, but they didn't realize that I was just a pretty bird in a gilded cage.’
- ‘In private she was known occasionally to express a measure of frustration over the gilded cage in which she lived, but in public she carried that burden lightly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.