One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of power equal to one billion (10⁹) watts.
- ‘If the best existing dams were upgraded to generate electricity they could generate 17 gigawatts of power.’
- ‘Collectively, these engines are now generating a total of about 11 gigawatts of shaft power.’
- ‘It is installing 150 gigawatts of electricity generating capacity, double the UK's total capacity.’
- ‘Today, present installed U.S. electrical capacity is at 600 gigawatts of power.’
- ‘Producing this would require 400 gigawatts of continuously available electrical power - which is almost double our present capacity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.