One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of graphic resolution equivalent to one thousand million or 10⁹ pixels.as modifier ‘apart from their obvious appeal to photographers, gigapixel images also hold tremendous potential for law enforcement and the military’
- ‘If we can just move past the idea of megahertz and gigapixels and look instead at creating wonder, awe, and even heartbreak, then electronic gaming will truly become an artistic medium.’
- ‘The 2.5 gigapixel image is - of course - a montage of images rather than a single snap and seamlessly fusing the separate images was the main technical challenge.’
- ‘A digital photo taken from Delft University claims to be the largest in the world at an impressive 2.5 gigapixels.’
- ‘The newly patented R1 camera system, which broke through the gigapixel barrier, has achieved some of the highest resolution single-shot images ever created.’
- ‘This more than doubles the total potential pixel fill rate from 533 million pixels per second to about 1.3 gigapixels per second.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.