Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A unit of graphic resolution equivalent to one thousand million or 109 pixels.[as modifier] ‘apart from their obvious appeal to photographers, gigapixel images also hold tremendous potential for law enforcement and the military’
- ‘This more than doubles the total potential pixel fill rate from 533 million pixels per second to about 1.3 gigapixels per second.’
- ‘If we can just move past the idea of megahertz and gigapixels and look instead at creating wonder, awe, and even heartbreak, then electronic gaming will truly become an artistic medium.’
- ‘A digital photo taken from Delft University claims to be the largest in the world at an impressive 2.5 gigapixels.’
- ‘The 2.5 gigapixel image is - of course - a montage of images rather than a single snap and seamlessly fusing the separate images was the main technical challenge.’
- ‘The newly patented R1 camera system, which broke through the gigapixel barrier, has achieved some of the highest resolution single-shot images ever created.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.