One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enormous carnivorous dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period, resembling the tyrannosaurs.
- ‘Allain says Mapusaurus is more closely related to the Argentinian Giganotosaurus than to the African species.’
- ‘Blanco had successfully used a similar method to estimate the speed of 30 living mammals and the T-rex-like dinosaur Giganotosaurus.’
- ‘He comes face to face with the awesome predator Giganotosaurus in an exhilarating journey.’
- ‘With the discovery of Giganotosaurus and related forms, Carnosauria is once again the home of the world's largest terrestrial predators.’
- ‘In the Dinosaur TV Special, Nigel comes face to face with the biggest dinosaur that ever lived, Argentinosauraus, and the awesome predator Giganotosaurus in an exhilarating journey.’
Modern Latin, from Greek gigas ‘giant’ + nōton ‘back’ + sauros ‘lizard’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.