One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A measure of frequency equivalent to one thousand million (10⁹) cycles per second.
- ‘The base frequency selected was five gigahertz, a range in which future commercial transmission channels are likely to operate.’
- ‘In the past couple of years, oscilloscopes have sailed through the gigahertz barrier.’
- ‘After all, clock speed - as measured in megahertz and gigahertz - is too simplistic a metric for rating chips.’
- ‘All the wireless usage was taking place in the frequency known as 2.4 gigahertz, where signals cycle 2.4 billion times a second.’
- ‘The speed of processors, usually known as clock speed, is measured in megahertz or these days in gigahertz (GHz).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.