One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A measure of frequency equivalent to one thousand million (10⁹) cycles per second.
- ‘After all, clock speed - as measured in megahertz and gigahertz - is too simplistic a metric for rating chips.’
- ‘The speed of processors, usually known as clock speed, is measured in megahertz or these days in gigahertz (GHz).’
- ‘In the past couple of years, oscilloscopes have sailed through the gigahertz barrier.’
- ‘All the wireless usage was taking place in the frequency known as 2.4 gigahertz, where signals cycle 2.4 billion times a second.’
- ‘The base frequency selected was five gigahertz, a range in which future commercial transmission channels are likely to operate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.