One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Goods sold as being suitable as gifts.
- ‘This full service greenhouse also provides a great selection of giftware and container gardens.’
- ‘In the 1960s, the family quarried the marble for use in fireplaces and giftware.’
- ‘Many of the tour participants took this opportunity to purchase annuals, perennials, vegetables, seeds, fertilizer and other garden giftware.’
- ‘As well as garden ranges, the split-level development will stock giftware, including crystal and jewellery from around the world.’
- ‘Today, it runs a state-of-the-art factory that employs 360 people, most of them full-time, and exports pewter giftware to more than 23 countries.’
- ‘Initially they sold pottery, cane furniture and giftware but in 1988, following a move to new premises at 1 Main Street, the shop began concentrating increasingly on ladies clothing and fashion.’
- ‘The centre also sells giftware, pets, fish, ponds, pools and garden furniture to boost profits.’
- ‘Also available are candles, incense products and giftware.’
- ‘He designs and makes wooden giftware and furniture.’
- ‘I have a small factory just outside Pattaya employing 19 people making soft furnishing giftware.’
- ‘Over the years, Kevin and his team have turned out a wide range of high quality giftware with established markets in Ireland and America.’
- ‘In ten years they have positioned themselves as market leaders in horticulture and conservation giftware.’
- ‘The trade fair will be unique in the diversity of products and services displayed, from manufacturing, engineering, craft and giftware to IT and business services.’
- ‘It offers lots of interesting crafts, homewares and giftware.’
- ‘Other sections include giftware, homecare, hair and beauty, wine and dine and a children's page packed with competitions!’
- ‘This new series is available in a variety of mediums, including accessories, home fabrics, giftware and stationery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.