One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A voucher given as a gift, product promotion, etc. and exchangeable for goods.‘gift coupons from online orders cannot be redeemed in store’
- ‘I am sure all of you have redeemed many gift coupons at restaurants or shopping malls.’
- ‘The problem of delayed deliveries is real and there is nothing much the seller can do, beyond offering a cash refund or gift coupons.’
- ‘Rather than give cash or a gift that they may not need, people have started presenting friends and relatives with gift coupons.’
- ‘Incentives, such as a bonus, time off, or gift coupons, can influence worker production.’
- ‘Someone popped one of the balloons, hoping to get the gift coupon that was attached to it.’
- ‘The customers will get a gift coupon for buying gold ornaments from the member shops and there is no minimum limit for the purchase.’
- ‘Those wearing seat belts could look forward to surprise gift coupons during the campaign, which can be redeemed later.’
- ‘Selecting a gift can be tricky, which is why gift coupons are becoming popular this festive season.’
- ‘Teams finishing 4th, 5th and 6th walked away with gift coupons and certificates.’
- ‘The boss gave Marco a gift coupon to his favorite bike store, describing how Marco's astute work during the weekend probably salvaged the firm's reputation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.