One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gift token.
- ‘At one point, the restaurant was giving all people celebrating birthdays a card, signed by the staff, that was also a gift certificate.’
- ‘He even helped hand out gifts during the gift exchange, surprising her with a card which contained a gift certificate to one of her favorite stores.’
- ‘Now if you do this way before the deadline, you would have time to complete the survey, get the gift certificate, go to the store and get the gifts.’
- ‘Consider giving a gift certificate related to their interests.’
- ‘California recently enacted a law that says no matter when a gift certificate claims it expired, it's still good.’
- ‘For my birthday in September, Logan bought me a gift certificate for a bra fitting.’
- ‘I happened to have had a gift certificate for a winery tour, packaged with a couple of bottles of wine.’
- ‘She suggested that I purchase a gift certificate instead, but I said that would be pointless, since I would be the one spending it.’
- ‘My girlfriend gave me a gift certificate for a massage at a spa.’
- ‘One of the most well-received holiday gifts is a gift certificate.’
- ‘We spoke for almost ten minutes, and at the end of it all she offered a ten-dollar gift certificate.’
- ‘If she's open to it, give her a gift certificate for a makeover.’
- ‘Offer a gift certificate for a discount on their next purchase of framing or limited-edition art.’
- ‘Even with all that was put up we didn't quite get to $1000 so I gave her the remainder as a gift certificate.’
- ‘Hold a raffle for a camp sweatshirt or a gift certificate to a local store.’
- ‘For those thinking about buying a surfboard for Christmas, maybe the best idea is to get a gift certificate to a retailer that is good for six months.’
- ‘You don't think we will spend more than what the gift certificate will cover do you?’
- ‘I even have a gift certificate for a massage - 90 minutes!’
- ‘Whether as a gift for a secretary, a neighbor or the mailman, a spa gift certificate for a massage or other relaxing treat is welcome and appropriate.’
- ‘I may also use part of my spa gift certificate for a facial.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.