One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is barely a decade since astronomers began to find ‘extra-solar’ planets in orbit around other stars; but even with some 170 such planets found to date, they all seem to be giantlike and too close to their suns, and thus unsuitable for Life.’
- ‘I do not know what it was that ailed me, but I was prepared to be alarmed, when of a surety I saw something standing in the hedge, ghastly, giantlike, and with outstretched arms.’
- ‘As the ‘black, horrible, giantlike mass was thrust out of the water they beheld a colossal elephant's head.’
- ‘Unfortunately, Mike is caught by Dr. Badham, and his assistant Angus, a giantlike man with a child's mind.’
- ‘He describes their thoughts as giantlike and godlike, stressing the manhood he sees in simply thinking rather than doing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.