One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enormous deep-sea squid, reaching a length of 13 metres (43 feet) or more.
- ‘It is believed that the giant squid travels at speeds of over 75 miles an hour.’
- ‘He was able to shoot a variety of animals, including other species of squid, but the giant squid remained elusive.’
- ‘The giant squid has always enjoyed a reputation of mythic proportions.’
- ‘A rare giant squid - the first to be found off the UK coast for 53 years - is to be put on display, it was announced yesterday.’
- ‘Their latest findings show that giant squids, the largest invertebrates on Earth, live about 14 years or less and tend to live at depths of 125 to 250 meters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.