One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very large salamander that is native to North America and eastern Asia.
- ‘Living relatives include the Asian giant salamander, which can grow as big as a small human adult, and the smaller hellbender of North America.’
- ‘The earliest ones looked like giant salamanders, measuring about four feet long, Hedges said.’
- ‘You can even see deer, giant salamanders and goats, if lucky.’
- ‘It is also similar to the endangered Asian giant salamander, which can grow more than 5 feet long.’
- ‘The closest relative of the Japanese and Chinese giant salamanders is the hellbender of the eastern U.S.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.