One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large edible freshwater fish that is native to Asia. It is widely farmed there and has been introduced elsewhere.
- ‘It really is impressive to see a huge shoals of giant pacus, giant gouramis and pangasius all swimming around.’
- ‘Not sure if they had the giant gouramis when I was there though.’
- ‘Many Indian species like catfish, dwarf and giant gourami, and barbs are popular abroad and fetch good prices.’
- ‘Your tank won't hold those two giant gourami for long though.’
- ‘In the Tropics giant gouramis are kept as pond fish, where they are a more appropriate alternative to goldfish or koi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.