Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large edible freshwater fish that is native to Asia. It is widely farmed there and has been introduced elsewhere.
- ‘In the Tropics giant gouramis are kept as pond fish, where they are a more appropriate alternative to goldfish or koi.’
- ‘Not sure if they had the giant gouramis when I was there though.’
- ‘Many Indian species like catfish, dwarf and giant gourami, and barbs are popular abroad and fetch good prices.’
- ‘It really is impressive to see a huge shoals of giant pacus, giant gouramis and pangasius all swimming around.’
- ‘Your tank won't hold those two giant gourami for long though.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.