One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Chocolate paste flavoured with ground hazelnuts.‘chocolate and hazelnut cake filled with gianduja’as modifier ‘creamy gianduja gelatos’
- ‘Gianduja is the star chocolate attraction here, a blend of milk chocolate and hazelnuts ground until smooth then formed into a paste.’
- ‘I simply can't do without their butterscotch gianduja.’
- ‘My favorites are the fennel-and-lemon and the gianduia.’
- ‘During wartime, cocoa beans were scarce, so someone had the great idea to blend the hazelnuts with chocolate, and gianduja was born.’
- ‘Once the gianduja paste is made, it's formed into mounds that are molded into a flat peak, then wrapped in gold foil.’
Italian, from the name of a stock character in commedia dell'arte depicted as a jovial, wine-drinking peasant from the region of Piedmont, where the chocolate paste was first produced.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.