One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who ends a relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication.‘how can ghosters not know what they are doing when they see the texts, emails, and voicemails piling up?’
- ‘Ghosters think they're exempt from all forms of texting etiquette and human decency.’
- ‘The ghoster probably experiences a great deal of guilt about suddenly ignoring a person that they really liked at one point.’
- ‘The hardest part about being ghosted is the fact that you can't deal with the ghoster directly.’
- ‘Did the spurned person do something that offended the ghoster?’
- ‘To all you would-be ghosters out there: if you can say hello, you can say goodbye.’
- ‘I understand that, for the ghoster, it's easier to just do nothing.’
- ‘Ben is a self-confessed serial ghoster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.